Potato Blintz Soufflé Recipe
- 1 15-ounce package Golden Frozen Potato Blintzes
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ (3 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup light cream
- 4 scallions cut into 1” pieces (white parts and about 4 inches of tender greens)
- ½-1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- ¼ cup mixed snipped fresh herb (chives, dill, basil)
- Dill for garnish
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Melt butter or margarine in a pan or in a microwave oven, then place on countertop and allow to cool. In a blender or food processor, combine eggs, sour cream, cheese, cream, scallions, salt and white pepper and whirl together for 1 minute. Add cooled butter and blend for 15 seconds more. Fold in mixed snipped herbs.
Place frozen potato blintzes in a square, rectangular or oval pan that will hold them comfortably. The pan should have 2” sides, so the topping will not overflow. Pour the topping on the blintzes and bake in oven for 1 hour, until the top is puffy and golden. Garnish with dill. Makes 3 to 6 servings.