A stir-fry is always a winner! It packs all the protein, veggies, and starch into a one pan meal, making it an ideal weeknight dish. The potato and onion pierogies are very filling in this dish. I like to use the ready prepared stir-fry vegetable mixes, fresh or frozen, to cut prep time in half. You can also use an assortment of stir-fry veggies of your choice instead, like purple onion, colorful peppers, broccoli, and or sugar snap or snow peas.
- 1 box Golden Potato and Onion Pierogies
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 chicken cutlets, cut into cubes
- 1 package prepared fresh stir-fry vegetables or 16 ounces frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sesame teriyaki sauce or any other Asian-style sauce of your choice
- Place pierogies in boiling water for three to five minutes; drain. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok on medium heat; sauté chicken until browned on all sides. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add additional oil as needed and stir-fry vegetables. Cook for five to seven minutes, or until cooked through. Add pierogies to the skillet.
- Toss stir-fry mix with the sauce of your choosing. If it looks a little thick, add 1/4 cup water to thin the sauce.